Replacing Extracted Teeth
Dental implants are widely regarded as the best replacement for extracted teeth. In comparison to their obvious alternatives, such as dentures and dental bridges, they hold their end pretty well and offer seamless functionality and aesthetics.
Here are some of the benefits of dental implants:
- Prevent drifting of teeth: With missing teeth, the remaining teeth in the mouth usually drift from their positions. This causes a change in the shape of the facial structure, jawbones and may lead to malocclusion. Since dental implants replace both the tooth root and the crown, the missing tooth is restored in its entirety, which prevents the teeth from drifting from their positions.
- Restore the functionality: When a tooth goes missing, the way a person bites and chews food changes. Also, their phonetics alters and would sound entirely different from they used to earlier. A dental implant restores all these aspects and makes sure the oral functionality is back to normal.
- Supporting structure: An implant stud can be used to support, not only a replacement tooth, but also other structures such as a denture or dental bridge. They provide elevated levels of stability and hold the restoration firmly in position.
- Long-lasting: Dental implants are, by far, the longest lasting tooth restoration. With proper care and cleaning, they usually last for several years.
- High durability and strength: The implant stud is made from Titanium, which is one of the strongest and hardest metals out there. Once the implant stud adheres firmly to the jawbone, the chances of it breaking off are next to none. Also, the ceramic crown is used with an implant is made from highly durable dental-grade ceramic, which exhibits high durability and strength.
- Amazing appearance: The visual similarity between a real tooth and a dental implant is so much that it is almost impossible to differentiate between them. The crown can be made to match the exact color and contour of the missing tooth, thereby perfectly blending in with the other teeth.
Premier Uptown Charlotte Dentist Office
Call us at 704-910-5006 or schedule an online appointment to know more about the benefits of dental implants.
Charlotte Dental Services
Teeth are one of the most integral parts of our body and play a huge role in our...
Oral cavities are a major letdown as they ruin the appearance...
Missing teeth can be very disadvantageous, both from the aesthetic and functional...
Dental crowns are prosthetic appliances that are used to cover an entire tooth...
The aesthetics of a person’s smile is just as important as oral health...
Invisalign Clear Aligners
Invisalign is, by far, one of the most technologically advanced and accurate methods of correcting misaligned teeth...
Charlotte NC Dentist - District Dentistry
Phone: 704-910-5006 Email: email@example.com
328 W Carson BlvdCharlotte NC 28203
United States (US)