Dental Veneers | Dentist In Charlotte NC
Uptown Charlotte Dentist – Dental Veneers Charlotte NC
Dental veneers are one of the most sought-after dental appliances that are used for several restorative purposes. They are thin wafer-like porcelain structures that cover the frontal surface of the teeth. They are widely used to treat teeth discoloration, cracks, chipping, excessively spaced teeth, misshapen teeth, etc.
Why should you choose veneers?
- Veneers exhibit high levels of durability. They do not wear much even upon biting and chewing hard foods.
- Since they are made from tooth-colored ceramic material, they perfectly mimic the appearance of the natural teeth. Anyone who looks at your smile wouldn’t be able to make out that you have got a veneer on.
- They improve the color of excessively stained teeth that can’t be whitened using teeth whitening procedures.
- They are extremely thin and wouldn’t add a lot of volume to your tooth. Also, the amount of enamel to be removed is minimal, meaning, they help to preserve the majority of your natural tooth structure.
- They are stain-resistant.
What are the uses of veneers?
- Chipped teeth: Teeth that have changed in shape or lost a certain edge due to external trauma can be restored to their natural contour using veneers.
- Discolored teeth: In most cases, teeth discoloration is treated using whitening gel. It can either be in the form of conventional whitening, custom tray whitening, or laser whitening. But, when a certain tooth is badly discolored or isn’t responding to the whitening, a veneer can be used to bring it back to its original color.
- Misshapen teeth: The teeth which are naturally out of shape are called misshapen teeth. They can be brought back to an ideal shape using veneers.
- Worn out teeth: Teeth usually experience excessive wear due to factors such as bruxism, clenching of jaws, etc. They usually lose their biting surface and look out of shape. Such teeth can be restored back to original form and shape.
- Excessive spacing: Due to malocclusion, teeth may appear spaced too far apart from each other. The excessive gap can be eliminated using veneers.
The dental veneer treatment procedure begins with a thorough screening of the mouth to check for issues such as discoloration, wear, cavities, damage, etc. Based on the observation, the dentist concludes whether or not you’re the right candidate for veneers. Next, an x-ray and oral scans will be taken to determine the shape, size, contour and positioning of the tooth that requires the restoration. The data obtained will be sent to a dental laboratory for fabricating the veneer.
Once the dental veneer is obtained, the dentist would place it on the tooth to check for perfect fit and any changes, if required, will be made. The dentist would then prepare the surface of the tooth before bonding it. Dental adhesives will be used for the purpose and a curing light will be used to harden it. The veneer would be polished and the bite will be checked. With proper care and cleaning, the veneer would last for several years.
Call us at 704-910-5006 or schedule an online appointment to know more about dental veneers charlotte nc.