Uptown Charlotte Dentist Offering Invisalign
Malocclusion is one of the most common oral issues that people from all around the world face. It leaves a nasty appearance of the smile of a person and also makes brushing and flossing the teeth really difficult. If that wasn’t enough, leaving malocclusion untreated for a long time could change the facial shape and even lead to jawbone deterioration. This explains why dentists recommend getting malocclusion treated as soon as possible.
Invisalign is one of the most advanced orthodontic aligners. It is made from transparent dental-grade plastic material, which makes it stay in disguise when worn by the patient. It is known to solve most types of teeth misalignment issues and is miles ahead of dental braces in terms of oral safety.
Why should I choose Invisalign?
- Invisalign is, by far, one of the most technologically advanced and accurate methods of correcting misaligned teeth. The aligners are backed by a technology that helps the dentists to precisely map out the treatment procedure and predict the positioning of the teeth during various stages of the treatment.
- Since the aligners are made from a dental grade plastic material, they apply pressure on the teeth in a controlled manner. This prevents discomfort due to pressure, such as in the case of dental braces.
- The aligners are absolutely metal-free, which prevents the chances of oral trauma when the patient gets hit in the mouth or face. Also, they have no sharp corners or brackets that could injure the soft tissues of the mouth.
- The patient would not have to visit the dentist’s office frequently. A follow-up visit once every two weeks would suffice (the dentist would give you a new set of aligners).
- The best part about Invisalign is that it is removable. The aligners can be taken off whenever you need to eat food or brush the teeth.
The treatment procedure for getting Invisalign would start off with a thorough screening of the teeth to check for the extent of malocclusion. Also, other factors influencing the misalignment of teeth will be taken into consideration. A hand-held scanner will be used to scan the teeth to provide the required measurements for fabricating the aligners.
The data will be sent to a laboratory, where dental-grade clear plastic will be used to fabricate the aligners. The dentist would place them in your mouth to check if they are fitting comfortably. They will have to be worn for at least 22 hours each day, every day throughout the treatment period. Once every two weeks, the dentist would change your aligners and give you a new set which would have a slight change in contour.
Care of the clear aligners
Every time you use a new aligner, it may feel a little weird and uncomfortable against your teeth. But it would wear off in a day or two. Every time you have a meal or beverage, make sure you rinse your mouth thoroughly. Any food residue left on the teeth can affect the treatment adversely and may also lead to discoloration and cavities. After the treatment period is complete, using a retainer would keep the teeth in their new positions and not allow them to move back to their previous positions.
Call us at 704-910-5006 or schedule an online appointment to know more about Invisalign treatment.
Charlotte Dental Services
Teeth are one of the most integral parts of our body and play a huge role in our...
Oral cavities are a major letdown as they ruin the appearance...
Missing teeth can be very disadvantageous, both from the aesthetic and functional...
Dental crowns are prosthetic appliances that are used to cover an entire tooth...
The aesthetics of a person’s smile is just as important as oral health...
Invisalign Clear Aligners
Invisalign is, by far, one of the most technologically advanced and accurate methods of correcting misaligned teeth...